August 3, 2010









It rained off and on during the night and also today. We decided to take a drive out the East End Road. On this drive you have some great views of Kachemak Bay and all three glaciers, Grewingk, Portlock and Dixon. We drove until the pavement stopped and hit gravel. This is where a Russian farming community is. We went back to the trailer via Kachemak Drive for lunch. There are lots of homes with beautiful views along these roads (also some quirky buildings). Then we went to the Pratt Museum and an original homestead house. We also drove up Skyline Drive and stopped at All Saints of America Orthodox Mission. Then we returned to camp via East Hill Road. Jim started downloading pictures while I went to town to find a t-shirt by Ray Troll. I already have one of his and I found another one I would like to have but can't find it in my size. He has a great sense of humor. I guess I will have to go to his website to order one. I had to call my brother and go over some paper work for him to fill out for mother. We had dinner and watched some television by using the generator for electricity. We saw eagles again today.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your travel blog! I stayed up late last night reading every post. Looks like the Casita group is having fun. Continued safe travels for you and everybody else!

    ReplyDelete