August 11, 2010






I have been wanting biscuits and gravy so I made some this morning. We mailed mom a book about a family homesteading in Alaska for her to read. Mary belongs to Toastmasters and they had a meeting today and she gave a speech so I went to listen. Jim went to Costco and Best Buy while I was at Toastmasters. Marv and Vicki gave him a gift certificate for his birthday and he used it to buy pair of really nice ear buds for his mp3 player. Mary told us about a great museum and we went to see it. It is the Alaska Heritage Museum at Wells Fargo, one of the largest private collections of native artifacts and fine art by Alaskan artists. They have a nice research library. They also have a 46 ounce gold nugget and a huge mammoth tusk. We then drove to get me some more material for my quilt and ended up at a gay bar. Everyone told me to go to the Raven. I looked it up and got the address. No material there! What they neglected to say was the whole name. The Quilted Raven. We finally found it on our own. On the way home we went back to Midnight Sun Brewing for some beers. While we were there Jim talked with the marketing representative from Alaskan Brewing. Phil grilled steaks and Mary fixed potatoes and salad. Phil welded a receiver hitch onto the back of the Casita so we can use our bicycle rack or attach a box to carry gear. Phil took Mary and Jake to the airport to fly to Colorado to visit her mother before school starts for Jake next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment